Dear Friends and Family,
As we mentioned in an earlier update, we have a one year Home Assignment in the US coming up from July 20th 2014 until July of 2015. We are very excited to see many of you! The nice thing about a one year H.A. is there is time for the children to complete an entire school year in the States; time for us to visit many churches, friends, and family; time to get involved again at our home church; and time to enjoy all four seasons in Pennsylvania.
We’ll be living in Hershey, PA, near our home church, Hershey Evangelical Free Church.
We’ve already been in touch with some of our supporting churches about conferences and speaking engagements, and we’ll look forward to connecting with the others as well! It’ll be great to be able share in person about the Lord’s faithfulness in our corner of central Tanzania!
Please pray for the following for us:
1) Good closure and goodbyes for us and the kids
2) That Josh and Drew would finish up well at RVA this school year
3) The Lord’s help as we transition back to life in the US
4) The medical team in Magambua as they carry on the work here in Jon’s absence
5) A short term doctor who might be willing to learn some Swahili and fill in while we’re on H.A.
See you soon!
Serving with you,
Jon and Melissa